Green Thumb

July 31, 2016

This year I set out on a journey to learn how to care for plants. I've been known to have quite the black thumb, killing all succulents, bromeliads, and any other leafed plant that entered our house. Living in such a dry state proved challenging for a long time – who knew how important humidity is to the health of your plants?!

I've read up on every plant that was still living in the house, bought all the necessary supplies for success, and am happy to report that my plants are still alive (and a few are thriving!). My best investment was a plant mister – spritzing the plants twice a week has been a saving grace for all of them, especially during the scorching summer. 

Now it's time to manage all the outdoor plants – with an acre of land we have more trees than I even know what to do with. Toss in a half dozen rose bushes, grape vines, and some random other things we've planted, and well, there is A LOT to take care of. I'm thinking this book by Diana Craig will be a good starting point, and some of these things might not hurt either.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

PINNED

Flickr